BBQ Cauliflower & Chickpea Tacos with Creamy Lime Slaw
Gluten free, vegetarian (or vegan)
1 head cauliflower
1¼ cup cooked chickpeas
1 teaspoon olive oil
10–12 corn tortillas
sliced jalapeños, if desired
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Creamy Lime Slaw:
14 ounce bag of cole slaw mix (or 6–7 cups of thinly chopped
cabbage and carrots)
½ cup mayonnaise (or veganasie)
½ teaspoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon maple syrup
1½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
¼ teaspoon celery salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 teaspoon water
juice of one lime
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Make the slaw: In a medium sized bowl add all of the slaw dressing ingredients. Mix ingredients together until a
creamy sauce has formed. In a large bowl, add the cabbage mixture and pour dressing over. Mix until everything is
combined. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3) In a small bowl or jar, add all of the BBQ rub ingredients and mix together.
4) Separate all of the cauliflower florets and chop them into bite size pieces. Place florets and chickpeas onto a large
sheetpan and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with BBQ rub. Depending on the size of your head of cauliflower you
may not need to use all the rub. Toss everything together with your hands so that cauliflower and chickpeas are
coated with the rub. Place the sheetpan in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, flipping once.
5) If desired, warm up corn tortillas on the stove or in the oven. Add about ¼ cup of cauliflower and chickpeas to each
taco and top with a few tablespoons of slaw. Top with sliced jalapeños if desired.
Volunteer Chef: Kaleda Walling